We want you to kickstart this year with a bang and for that you need a banging marketing plan!
Fret not, we’re here to help you out.
We’re rounding up the most important marketing tips for 2022 to make sure your marketing funnel is overflowing with leads and conversions.
Firstly, know this. How well you capitalise on industry trends can help you make or break your business.
At one time, artificial intelligence, data-driven marketing, and voice search engine optimization seemed like ambitious concepts bordering on the ridiculous. Today, these are some of the top digital marketing trends.
Take 2021 for example, short form video content emerged victorious amongst the trending media formats and every brand that jumped on it and made it part of their advertising game – led the race.
We want you to get a head start this year to dominate 2022 with increased sales, better ads and more engaging content.
And here’s a list of the top 4 marketing trends for 2022 to help you do just that. So, let’s dive right in, shall we?
70% of customers are more trusting of brands that represent diversity in their ads, says Microsoft Advertising in their inclusive marketing research report. Playing safe and following the herd, showcasing stereotypes is just not going to work. Not anymore.
Here’s what will work though –
- Perform an audit to gauge your audience diversity.
- Ensure your teams and suppliers reflect your market. Work with a diverse array of content creators and actively think about diversity while making any changes internally or externally.
- Leave space for interpretation, don’t be bound to a certain audience because it aligns with the norms. For instance, if you are a makeup brand don’t just market to women and follow age old gender norms. Propagate, inclusivity – makeup is for everybody.
- It’s time to take lead in breaking the gender binary and think in a different, fresh direction. For instance Vick’s ‘man enough’ campaign talked about what it meant to be a man in today’s society. And it worked brilliantly. Acknowledge societal changes and reflect them through your ads.
- Choose a more inclusive image for an ad. It’s the simplest way of expanding your audience set and being more relatable to a larger section of society.
- While looking to work with influencers make sure you choose them from different backgrounds and experiences, don’t just look at the reach. For instance take Instagram reels, in their new commercials they’ve cast a range of influencers from different backgrounds who made it big thanks to the feature. Netflix has been doing a killer job with this strategy, too!
According to a study by Accenture, 91% of people are more likely to shop with brands that provide offers and recommendations relevant to them.
A really great example of this is streaming platforms like Netflix that tailor themselves according to the taste of their consumer.
In today’s hyper-competitive environment brands need to provide personalised experiences to be on top of their game.
Let’s look at a few ways to personalise marketing –
- Give consumers an exclusive offer.
- Provide personalised purchase recommendations.
- Create multiple ad-sets that will appeal to different personalities and interests.
- Pick your display ad placements thoughtfully, connect the ad with the page its on to make it more relevant to the context and reader. For example if you’re selling a weight loss product that suppresses hunger, burns fat and also boosts metabolism, highlight the feature of boosting metabolism on an article that speaks of how to boost your metabolism and highlight the feature of suppressing hunger on an article that talks about reducing your cravings. Customise your ad according to the viewership.
This is the era of automation and immersive technologies and as we get in 2022 this will be more imminent than ever. The attention span of consumers is on a downward slope and to hook in a potential buyer, we need more than words or videos. We need immersive technologies, automated services, and much more.
Let’s look at a few ways how marketers can get a grip of this tech wave –
- Incorporate AR in your marketing campaigns. They’re an affordable way of increasing brand engagement. Several studies have indicated, average engagement on an AR filter is about 75 seconds, that’s 4 times more than the average engagement on video content. On top of that digital AR experiences are known to increase brand recall and memory by 70% as opposed to non-AR experiences. You can check out one of our AR filters that we did for Marriott on Wheels here.
It won us and the brand recognition on every major advertising platform like Social Samosa, Mad over Marketing, Campaign India and Afaqs and performed very well with the audience.
- Try automated marketing, use chatbots to enhance the customer service experience.
- Build an interactive website that will get people’s attention and wow them!
- A mobile first approach
Screen times across the globe are rising. We even sacrifice sleep for scrolling through our phones. The gadget that was initially made to connect you over a telephonic call has evolved to become your window into the world. As reported in Economic Times, the share of mobile in India’s digital media spends has increased to 76% in FY21 from 45% in FY19. And according to a recent article by exchange for media almost 85% of all media consumption online is happening on mobiles. The implications of this are clear – you need to be where your consumer is – your marketing needs to be mobile first. If not, you’re going to get left behind and lose to the competition that’s making use of these smart screens.
Let’s look at a few tips to adopt a mobile first approach-
- Design all marketing and ad campaigns to be mobile friendly
- Make it easy for users to submit feedback on mobile devices
- Don’t overload people with information, smaller screens, lesser content, is easier on the eye.
- Keep your CTAs simple and easy to access.
- Invest more in short form video advertising
- Focus on social media.
Now that we’ve armed you with enough insights for your 2022 strategy meeting, all you have to do is put them in action and reap the benefits.
If you’re looking for a more personalised consultation and a concrete action plan, feel free to reach us at [email protected] or you can call or Whatsapp- +91 9820354646 or +91 9821295400.
We’ll be more than happy to catch up over coffee, physically or virtually, and discuss your brief.
We aim to make your brand, Pop and we promise we can show you the way to do that!
Wish you a happy, popping 2022!